#Recipes #SMores #SMoresDay #SMoresIceCreamCake
August 10th is National S’Mores Day, a cookie sandwich first popularized in the 1920s by the Girl Scouts.
The love of the gooey treat has led to many other recipes combining the three ingredients: chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallow.
Today we present a S’Mores Ice Cream Cake, with more luscious recipes below.
The recipe was developed by Country Crock. Prep time is 20 minutes, freeze time is 5 hours.
RECIPE: S’MORES ICE CREAM CAKE
Ingredients For 16 Servings
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or Country Crock Spread, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup graham crackers,crumbled
- 1.5 quart rectangular container chocolate ice cream (e.g. Breyers)
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping or stabilized whipped cream
- Optional garnish: graham cracker crumbs or mini chocolate chips
1. MAKE the crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
2. COMBINE the chocolate chips, 2 cups of the marshmallows and the milk in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 4 minutes or until completely melted, stirring once.
3. COOL for 10 minutes, then stir in the remaining 2 cups marshmallows. Spread over the crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
4. TOP the chocolate layer with the crumbled graham crackers.
5. CUT the carton from the ice cream with scissors. Place the rectangle on its side, then cut crosswise into 4 slices. Arrange the slices in baking dish, pressing to form an even layer. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
6. FROST with the whipped cream or whipped topping just before serving. Garnish as desired. Cut into rectangular slices with a knife dipped in hot water.
 S’mores ice cream cake (photo © Country Crock).
 Chocolate ice cream (photo © Breyers).
 Mini marshmallows. These are vegan, and taste even better than the major brands (photo © Dandies).
From The Nibble