For National Peanut Butter Day (January 24th), we baked a peanut butter cheesecake. We’d always relied on this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Philadelphia Cream Cheese, but today’s cheesecake took a different route.
See below for more peanut butter holidays. You can bake both cheesecakes and decide which you prefer.
> The history of cheesecake.
RECIPE: PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL CORN CHEESECAKE
The recipe was created for Frigo Cheese by Emily Ellyn, Retro Rad Chef.
We are not typically keen on frozen whipped topping, but for peanut butter cheesecake, we’ll make an exception.
Ingredients For The Crust
Ingredients For The Cheesecake
1. SPRAY a 9-inch springform cake pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
2. FIT a food processor with the blade and pulse the crust ingredients until the mixture is pulverized into a thick, coarse, and sandy mixture. Then, press the mixture onto the bottom of the lined springform cake pan.
3. MIX together in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high speed (or a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment), the cream cheese and ricotta cheese, until the mixture is soft and smooth, about 3 minutes.
4. ADD the peanut butter, dulce de leche, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract and whip until they’re thoroughly incorporated and the mixture is smooth in texture, about 3–5 minutes. Finally, on low speed…
5. GENTLY MIX in the whipped topping until just incorporated. Scrape this mixture on top of the crust, smooth the top with a pastry knife or the back of a spoon and place it in the freezer.
6. FREEZE for at least 3 hours and then top as desired with the remaining dulce de leche, caramel popcorn, peanut butter cereal and/or peanut butter candies and honey-roasted peanuts. To serve…
7. ALLOW the cake to slightly defrost, slice it, and serve it
 Whether this recipe or any other cheesecake recipe, you can generate excitement with garnishes from caramel corn to peanut butter cups (photos #1 and #2 © Frigo Cheese).
 Today’s recipe is half cream cheese, half whole milk ricotta cheese.
 This chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is all cream cheese. Here’s the recipe (photo © Philadelphia Cream Cheese).
 There are three peanut butter puff breakfast cereals that you can use for the crust. First up: Cap’n Crunch (photo © Quaker Oats | Pepsico).
 The big brand name in peanut butter cereal: Reese’s (photo © General Mills).