BLT Chicharrónes Lettuce Cups. What look like croutons are crumbled chicharrónes (photos #1 and #2 © 4505 Meats).
 Chicharrónes. Crumble them for the lettuce cups or sandwich.
 BLT Pancakes. Here’s the recipe (photo © Tiegen Gerard | Wisconsin Cheese).
 BLT Polenta. Here’s the recipe (photo © Melissa’s Produce).
April is National BLT Sandwich Month. While we have quite a collection of BLT recipes, here’s something new: a BLT sandwich or BLT lettuce cups with chicharrónes, otherwise known as fried pork rinds. 4505 Meats, which created the recipe, calls it a BLCT: bacon, chicharrónes, lettuce, and tomato.
We also like the fun of this sandwich, which adds chicharrón crunch to the lettuce in a BLT sandwich. Or, skip the carbs and make BLT lettuce cups.
National BLT Day is July 22nd, and National Pork Rinds Day is Super Bowl Sunday.
RECIPE: BLT LETTUCE CUPS WITH CHICHARRÓNES
This recipe uses 4505 Jalapeño Cheddar Chicharrónes. IOther 4505 flavors include Classic Chili & Salt, En Fuego, Sea Salt, and Smokehouse BBQ.
To turn the lettuce cups into sandwiches, simply toast your bread of choice.
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 romaine spears
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes cubed
- 2 tbsp. your favorite mayonnaise
- 2 cups of 4505 Jalapeño Cheddar Chicharrónes broken into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. ARRANGE the romaine spears on a plate and spread each spear with a little mayo.
2. PLACE a strip of bacon into each romaine spear.
3. SEASON the cubed tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste and spoon into each lettuce spear, over the bacon. Top with bite-sized pieces of jalapeno cheddar chicharrónes.
MORE UNUSUAL BLT RECIPES
Not A Sandwich
- BLT Gazpacho
- BLT Guacamole Crostini
- BLT Pancakes
- BLT Pasta Salad
- BLT Pizza
- BLT Polenta
- BLT Slaw
- BLT Wafflewich
- Mini BLT Bites